Each year, CUPE Saskatchewan Division hosts conferences to address issues facing CUPE members and the public services we provide to Saskatchewan communities.
Registration is now open for the annual CUPE Saskatchewan Indigenous Peoples’ Conference to be held in-person on November 16 – 17, 2023, at Wanuskewin Heritage Park.
Early registration deadline is October 16, 2023.
VIEW AND DOWNLOAD:
- Conference Call – CUPE SK Indigenous Peoples’ Conference 2023
- Registration Form – CUPE SK Indigenous Peoples’ Conference 2023
Open to all CUPE members, and members of other unions, the CUPE Saskatchewan Indigenous Peoples’ Conference seeks to build union activism with a focus on equality and rights for Indigenous peoples in our workplaces and in our communities.
Thursday, November 16, 2023 (Full Day)
10:00 a.m. call to order until 5:00 p.m.
Friday, November 17, 2023 (Half Day)
9:00 a.m. until adjournment at approximately noon.
REGISTRATION & RATES
Early Registration – Before October 16, 2023
Affiliate $175 /person Non-Affiliate $200 /person
Regular Registration – After October 16, 2023
Affiliate $200 /person Non-Affiliate $225 /person
Registrations from out-of-province CUPE members will be accepted at the non-affiliate rates.
A group block booking is available at the Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown (405 20th St E).
In accordance with the CUPE Saskatchewan Division Constitution, the following positions are to be elected at the conference:
Indigenous Council Members:
Two (2) Members for a two-year term.
Aboriginal Conference 2019:
- CUPE SK Aboriginal Conference 2019: United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples should be the minimum standard to ensure past is not repeated, urges guest speaker Wes George
- CUPE SK Aboriginal Conference 2019: Tackling racism is all our business!
- CUPE Saskatchewan elects two new members to its Aboriginal Council
Other past conferences:
- Political Action Conference 2018
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2018
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2017
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2016
- Occupational Health and Safety Conference 2016
- Aboriginal Council Conference: November 19 – 20, 2015
- Keep Saskatchewan Public – Activist Training Conference: April 20 – 21, 2015
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2014 inspires members to be champions for change
/nm cope 342