Each year, CUPE Saskatchewan Division hosts conferences to address issues facing CUPE members and the public services we provide to Saskatchewan communities.
HEALTH & SAFETY CONFERENCE 2020
Violence prevention is the theme and focus of the upcoming CUPE Saskatchewan Health and Safety Conference to be held in Saskatoon on April 20 to 21, 2020. Conference registration is now open!
Workplace violence isn’t just part of the job. Yet, far too often, workers face violent situations while performing their jobs or experience violence related to their employment. Violence doesn’t just happen. It’s a serious workplace hazard, and much more can be done to prevent violence in all of its forms and protect employees — including recognizing the effects of intimate partner violence in the workplace and how to support workers experiencing it. CUPE Saskatchewan’s Health & Safety Conference 2020 will focus on providing resources and training to prevent violence in the workplace by addressing the underlying root causes and identifying the steps, process and actions that employers and health and safety committees can take to prevent violence.
WHAT: CUPE Saskatchewan Health & Safety Conference 2020
WHEN: Monday, April 20, 2020 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and Tuesday, April 21, 2020 (9 a.m. – 4
WHERE: Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown (formerly the Radisson Hotel) located at 405 20th Street East in Saskatoon
Conference Early Registration Deadline: Before March 19, 2020.
Share the conference event link on facebook: www.facebook.com/events/1480424388774373/
HOW TO REGISTER
- Contact your Local Union to approve sponsorship of your registration.
- Complete and submit the conference registration form with fee payment to the CUPE Saskatchewan office located at 3725 E Eastgate Drive in Regina, SK.
- Book your accommodation through your Local Union (if required).
Accommodation is available at the hotel where the conference will be held: Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown (formerly the Radisson Hotel) located at 405 20th Street East in Saskatoon. Book under the group block rate by March 19, 2020.
VIEW AND DOWNLOAD CONFERENCE DOCUMENTS:
- CUPE SK Health & Safety Conference 2020 – Conference Call
- CUPE SK Health & Safety Conference 2020: Registration Form – Print Only
- CUPE SK Health & Safety Conference 2020: Registration Form – Interactive Fillable Form Version
/nm cope 342
Aboriginal Conference 2019:
- CUPE SK Aboriginal Conference 2019: United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples should be the minimum standard to ensure past is not repeated, urges guest speaker Wes George
- CUPE SK Aboriginal Conference 2019: Tackling racism is all our business!
- CUPE Saskatchewan elects two new members to its Aboriginal Council
Other past conferences:
- Political Action Conference 2018
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2018
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2017
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2016
- Occupational Health and Safety Conference 2016
- Aboriginal Council Conference: November 19 – 20, 2015
- Keep Saskatchewan Public – Activist Training Conference: April 20 – 21, 2015
- Aboriginal Council Conference 2014 inspires members to be champions for change