The annual CUPE Saskatchewan Aboriginal Council Conference will be held on October 23 and 24, 2017, at the Event Centre, Gold Eagle Casino, in North Battleford, SK. This year’s conference theme is: Celebrating Our Successes, highlighting the advances made and change achieved through activism.
Guest speakers include:
- Barbara Byers, former Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) Secretary-Treasurer, and former President of the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour (SFL) and Saskatchewan Government and General Employees Union (SGEU)
- Doug Racine of the Aboriginal Law Group
- Harry Lafond, Executive Director, Office of the Treaty Commissioner
- Conrad Bruns, former Prince Albert mayoral candidate
- Gloria Lepine, Diversity Vice-President, CUPE National
- Shauna Bugler and Michelle Atcheynum from Sākewew High School, North Battleford, SK
- Crissy Sutherland, Provincial Facilitator, Following Their Voice
Open to all CUPE members, and members of other unions, the CUPE Saskatchewan Aboriginal Council Conference seeks to build union activism with a focus on equality and rights for Aboriginal people in our workplaces and communities. Elections will be held for positions on the CUPE Saskatchewan Aboriginal Council Committee: Two (2) committee positions, each with a term length of two (2) years.