Each year, delegates from affiliated CUPE Locals Unions gather at the Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan Division to set the direction and determine priorities for the year ahead, hear reports on the vital work being done by our union, elect members to leadership positions, approve financial statements, and engage in important policy discussions on the issues facing CUPE members and the public services we provide to Saskatchewan communities.
The 2021 Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan will be convened and called to order at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 11, 2021.
For the very first time in our history, CUPE Saskatchewan will hold its annual convention online for the year 2021. The entirely virtual convention will ensure that delegates from affiliated Local Unions can gather and participate in convention safely from their homes during the public health crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The deadline for delegate and guest registration was noon on March 3, 2021.
View and download:
All convention business will be conducted on the “encore” video conferencing platform, accessed through an assigned link sent to each delegate by email to the address provided with their registration. The individually assigned link will enable secure electronic voting.
Caucus links will be provided separately and may occur on different video conferencing platforms, as indicated.
|UPDATED CAUCUS SCHEDULE:|
|Wednesday March 10|
|6 p.m.||Library Sector Caucus||(Via Webex)|
|6:30 p.m.||Municipal Sector Caucus||(Via Zoom)|
|7 p.m.||Health Care Sector Caucus||(Via Webex)|
|8 p.m.||Young Workers’ Caucus||(Via Zoom)|
|Thursday March 11|
|8:15 a.m.||Diversity Caucus||(Via Zoom)|
|12:30 p.m.||University Sector Caucus||(Via Zoom)|
Convention 2021 Updates from the Division Office:
Feb. 23, 2021 – Affiliated Local Unions and their registered delegates received an advance informational email. If you are a registered delegate and did not receive the email directly, please contact the Division Office to correct your email address.
March 4 & 5, 2021 – Delegates received emails with notice of election caucus meetings and the video conferencing links for the respective platforms on which the meeting will be held. Please refer to the above for a complete schedule.
Registered delegates will receive their login credentials in the near future. This email will be sent out in advance of convention on March 11.
Registered guests will receive their viewing login credentials in the near future. This email will be sent out in advance of convention on March 11.
The 2020 Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan was held on March 4 – 6, 2020 at the Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown (formerly the Radisson).
- Convention 2020 Photo Album
- NDP leader Ryan Meili brings CUPE convention to its feet
- P3s are dragging down public services in Saskatchewan: CCPA
- CUPE Saskatchewan women’s forum explores women in leadership
- Judy Henley elected president of CUPE Saskatchewan; vows to keep up the fight for public services
- CUPE Saskatchewan President Tom Graham announces retirement after 22 years at helm of Saskatchewan’s largest union
- Convention 2020 Program
- Reports of Standing Committees to Convention 2020
- ADVANCE COPY FOR DELEGATES: Constitutional Amendments and Resolutions for Debate at CUPE SK Convention 2020
- Candidates Forum at Convention 2020
- CUPE Saskatchewan Call to Convention 2020 – Official Call
The 2019 Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan was held on March 6 to 8, 2019 at the Delta Hotel in Regina, SK.
- Proceedings of the Annual Convention 2019 of CUPE Saskatchewan (Draft pending adoption)
- Decisions: Adopted Resolutions of the 2019 Annual Convention
- Photo album: CUPE SK Convention 2019 – Day 1
- Photo album: CUPE SK Convention 2019 – Day 2
Highlights: Convention 2018 | The following are highlights from CUPE Saskatchewan’s 2018 Annual Convention held on March 7 to 9, 2018 in Saskatoon:
- Decisions: Adopted Resolutions of the 2018 Annual Convention
- Graham re-elected as President of CUPE Saskatchewan
- Henley re-elected as Secretary-Treasurer of CUPE Saskatchewan
- Photo Album: Convention 2018
- Year in Review 2017 Video
- Former CUPE Local 5111 Executive Board and Members receive the Woodrow S. Lloyd Award for Collective Action
- Activist Award Recipient: Marilyn Goll
nm cope 342