Each year, delegates from affiliated CUPE Locals Unions gather at the Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan Division to set the direction and determine priorities for the year ahead, hear reports on the vital work being done by our union, elect members to leadership positions, approve financial statements, and engage in important policy discussions on the issues facing CUPE members and the public services we provide to Saskatchewan communities.
The 2019 Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan will be convened and called to order at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at the Delta Hotel in Regina, SK. Convention will be held on Wednesday, March 6 through to Friday, March 8, 2019.
The official Convention Call package has been sent to CUPE Local Unions affiliated to CUPE Saskatchewan Division by regular mail. If your Local Union has not received a convention package by December 17, 2018, please contact Jodi at the CUPE Saskatchewan Office at 306-757-1009. To update your Local Union’s mailing address, please contact the CUPE Saskatchewan office.
Early Registration Deadline: February 1, 2019.
Hotel Accommodation Block Booking Rate Deadline: February 1, 2019. To book hotel accommodation online, use the following link:
Local Unions may begin to consider their delegate representation. In addition to regular voting delegate representation determined by Article 7, Section 1 and membership size, a constitutional change now in effect allows for additional young worker credentials for each Local Union. Locals with a membership of 1,000 or less can have one additional young worker delegate. Locals with a membership of over 1,000 can have two additional young worker delegates. Young workers are defined as members who are 29 years of age or under. Credentials assigned to your Local Union and the Additional Young Worker Credential(s) are included in your official Convention Call package in original paper copy. Please note: Credentials are provided by original paper copy only.
Resolutions or proposed constitutional amendments for discussion at convention are to be submitted to the CUPE Saskatchewan office no later than February 5, 2019 at noon.
In order to facilitate the participation of parents with young children, child care will be available on-site for those who provided pre-registration of their child care needs by February 5, 2019.
Nominations for awards recognized during convention are to be submitted no later than February 5, 2019 at noon.
CUPE Saskatchewan offers financial assistance to small Local Unions with a membership of 50 full-time or equivalent members or less to participate in the Annual Convention. For further details about the Small Local Assistance Program, contact the CUPE Saskatchewan office.
Convention 2019 Documents:
- Convention Program – CUPE Sask Division 2019 Annual Convention
- Delegate Credentials – Original Paper Copy Only provided to affiliated Locals
- Additional Young Worker Credential(s) – Original Paper Copy Only
- Alternate Delegate Registration Form – Original Paper Copy Only
- Child Care Registration Form
- W.S. Lloyd Award for Collective Action Nomination Form
- Saskatchewan Activist Award Nomination Form
Highlights: Convention 2018 | The following are highlights from CUPE Saskatchewan’s 2018 Annual Convention held on March 7 to 9, 2018 in Saskatoon:
- Decisions: Adopted Resolutions of the 2018 Annual Convention
- Graham re-elected as President of CUPE Saskatchewan
- Henley re-elected as Secretary-Treasurer of CUPE Saskatchewan
- Photo Album: Convention 2018
- Year in Review 2017 Video
- Former CUPE Local 5111 Executive Board and Members receive the Woodrow S. Lloyd Award for Collective Action
- Activist Award Recipient: Marilyn Goll
nm cope 342