Each year, delegates from affiliated CUPE Locals Unions gather at the Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan Division to set the direction and determine priorities for the year ahead, hear reports on the vital work being done by our union, elect members to leadership positions, approve financial statements, and engage in important policy discussions on the issues facing CUPE members and the public services we provide to Saskatchewan communities.
CUPE SK CONVENTION 2020: MARCH 4 – 6, 2020 (SASKATOON, SK)
Convention documents for delegates:
- Convention Program
- Delegate Orientation Booklet – Saskatchewan Edition
- Reports of Standing Committees
- Donations at Convention 2020: Advance Notice of Donation Collections
- ADVANCE COPY FOR DELEGATES: Constitutional Amendments and Resolutions for Debate at CUPE SK Convention 2020
- Candidates Forum at Convention 2020
The official 2020 Convention Call package was sent to CUPE Local Unions affiliated to CUPE Saskatchewan Division by regular mail. If your Local Union has not received a convention package by Friday, November 29, 2019, please contact Jodi at the CUPE Saskatchewan Division Office by phone 306-757-1009 to update your Local Union’s mailing address.
Early Registration: February 3 2020
Hotel Reservation Block Booking Rate: February 3 2020
Child Care Registration: February 3 2020
Resolutions/Constitutional Amendments: February 3 2020 (noon)
Award Nominations: February 3 2020 (noon)
Submit convention-related documents to Jodi Reavley at the CUPE Saskatchewan Office.
Local Unions may begin to consider their delegate representation. In addition to regular voting delegate representation determined by Article 7, Section 1 and membership size, a constitutional change now in effect allows for additional young worker credentials for each Local Union. Locals with a membership of 1,000 or less can have one additional young worker delegate. Locals with a membership of over 1,000 can have two additional young worker delegates. Young workers are defined as members who are 29 years of age or under. Credentials assigned to your Local Union and the Additional Young Worker Credential(s) are included in your official Convention Call package in original paper copy. Please note: Credentials are provided by original paper copy only.
REGISTRATION & RATES
|Before February 3 2020||$250|
|After February 3 2020||$275|
*The registration fee includes two (2) lunches, one (1) breakfast, and convention banquet/entertainment ticket.
Resolutions or proposed constitutional amendments for discussion at convention are to be submitted to the CUPE Saskatchewan office no later than February 3, 2020 at noon.
Accommodation is available under a group rate at the Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown (formerly the Radisson Hotel) located at 405 20th Street East in Saskatoon — the hotel where the convention will be held.
Book your accommodation under the block group rate by February 3, 2020 by using the following link:
In order to facilitate the participation of parents with young children, child care will be available on-site for those who provided pre-registration of their child care needs by February 3, 2020.
The first 15 Young Guests of registered delegates will have their fees waived.
Building an active and vibrant Labour Movement includes our younger generations growing up and learning about unions. In order to involve our youth, Young Guests are welcome with pre-registration to accompany a delegate. Young Guests are those between the ages of 13 – 18 that are accompanied at all times by a registered delegate. Young Guests will have guest status and will be able to visit the convention floor during the proceedings. The standard registration rates apply for Young Guests (which includes the meals provided at convention). The first 15 Young Guests pre-registered with the CUPE Saskatchewan office by February 3, 2020, will have their fees waived through the Young Guest Program.
SMALL LOCAL ASSISTANCE
CUPE Saskatchewan offers financial assistance to small Local Unions with a membership of 50 full-time or equivalent members or less to participate in the Annual Convention. For further details about the Small Local Assistance Program, contact the CUPE Saskatchewan office.
The Woodrow Stanley Lloyd Award for Collective Action is awarded annually to a group (CUPE Local Union, a committee or collection of outstanding individuals) responsible for a remarkable achievement, a tremendous contribution or exceptional activism.
The Saskatchewan Activist Award recognizes individual CUPE members who have shown outstanding activism.
|TUES. March 3 2020||Advance Registration & New Delegate Orientation in the evening.|
|WED. March 4 2020||Registration (8 a.m.); Convention Proceedings 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|THURS. March 5 2020||Registration (8:30 a.m.); Convention Proceedings 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|FRI. March 6 2020||Convention Proceedings (9 a.m. – NOON)|
The following positions will be up for election at the 2020 Annual Convention:
Election of Executive Board Members
At-Large Elections for two-year terms:
Caucus Elections for two-year terms:
- Boards & Agencies Sector Member (and Alternate)
- CBO Sector Member (and Alternate)
- Education Sector Member (and Alternate)
- Health Sector Member (and Alternate)
- Young Worker Member (and Alternate)
Election of Standing Committee Members
At-Large Elections: Two (2) member positions for each committee elected at-large. All positions are for a two (2) – year term.
- Committee Against Contracting Out and Privatization
- Committee Against Racism and Discrimination
- Environment Committee
- Global Justice Committee
- Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Women’s Committee
- Young Workers’ Committee
Election of Nominees for CUPE SFL Vice-Presidents
- At-Large Election: Nominees for CUPE SFL Vice-Presidents and Alternates. (Positions elected at the SFL Convention)
Election of Trustee
- One Trustee elected At-Large for a three-year term
Convention 2020 Documents:
- CUPE Saskatchewan Call to Convention 2020 – Official Call
- Delegate Credentials – Original Paper Copy Only provided to affiliated Locals.
- Additional Young Worker Credential(s) – Original Paper Copy Only provided to affiliated Locals.
- Alternate Delegate Registration Form – Original Paper Copy Only provided to affiliated Locals.
- Child Care Registration Form
- W.S. Lloyd Award for Collective Action Nomination Form
- Saskatchewan Activist Award Nomination Form
/nm Cope 342
**Check back for more convention updates.**
The 2019 Annual Convention of CUPE Saskatchewan was held on March 6 to 8, 2019 at the Delta Hotel in Regina, SK.
- Proceedings of the Annual Convention 2019 of CUPE Saskatchewan (Draft pending adoption)
- Decisions: Adopted Resolutions of the 2019 Annual Convention
- Photo album: CUPE SK Convention 2019 – Day 1
- Photo album: CUPE SK Convention 2019 – Day 2
Highlights: Convention 2018 | The following are highlights from CUPE Saskatchewan’s 2018 Annual Convention held on March 7 to 9, 2018 in Saskatoon:
- Decisions: Adopted Resolutions of the 2018 Annual Convention
- Graham re-elected as President of CUPE Saskatchewan
- Henley re-elected as Secretary-Treasurer of CUPE Saskatchewan
- Photo Album: Convention 2018
- Year in Review 2017 Video
- Former CUPE Local 5111 Executive Board and Members receive the Woodrow S. Lloyd Award for Collective Action
- Activist Award Recipient: Marilyn Goll
nm cope 342