As a member of CUPE, there are many educational opportunities available.
CUPE’s Union Development Department offers a wide variety of workshops to help you develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to improve our workplaces and our society.
For more information contact:
- CUPE Saskatoon Office at 306-382-8262
VIEW THE WORKSHOP CALENDAR
- CUPE Education-Saskatchewan-2019 Workshop Calendar (Updated May 2019)
- CUPE Education-Saskatchewan- 2019 Workshop Calendar (Updated April 2019)
- September 5, 2019 – Using Our Power at Election Time (REGINA)
- September 13, 2019 – Using Our Power at Election Time (SASKATOON)
- Sept. 18, 2019 – Grievance Handling (REGINA)
- Sept. 19 & 20, 2019 – Intro to Health & Safety (SASKATOON)
- Sept. 20 & 21, 2019 – Intro to Stewarding (PRINCE ALBERT)
- Oct. 15, 2019 – Financial Essentials (REGINA)
- Oct. 16, 2019 – Financial Officers (REGINA)
- Oct. 16 & 17, 2019 – Intro to Stewarding & Notetaking (SASKATOON)
- Oct. 18 & 19, 2019 – Intro to Pensions (REGINA)
- Oct. 24 & 25, 2019 – Intro to Health & Safety/Basics of Incident Investigation (P.A.)
For more information on Saskatchewan workshops: Click this link.
Saskatchewan 2019 Summer School
Sunday, May 26 to Friday, May 31, 2019
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
- “Early bird” registrations/cheques must be received by March 22, 2019.
To register online:
1. Click on the link (www.cupe.ca/union-education)
2. Click on “Saskatchewan”
3. Click on “Workshops Offered in Saskatchewan”
4. Click on the workshop name (ie. CUPE Saskatchewan Summer School 2019)
5. Fill out the online form and click on the appropriate buttons
6. Click “I have read and understand the cancellation information”
7. Click “Register”
You can also register by contacting: Kim Draeger, Registrar at email@example.com or 306-382-8262
The following scholarships are available for CUPE members to attend the upcoming Summer School.
1. Glen Makahonuk Scholarship
2. Bruno Friebe Scholarship
Send scholarship applications by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Kim Draeger, Registrar
CUPE Saskatoon Area Office
250 Cardinal Crescent
Saskatoon, SK S7L 6H8
Scholarship application deadline is Friday, April 5, 2019.
CUPE Saskatchewan scholarships
CUPE Saskatchewan Division sponsors scholarships, available for CUPE members, to assist CUPE locals with the expense of sending participants to the annual Summer and Winter Schools in Saskatchewan.
- Glen Makahonuk Scholarship
- Bruno Friebe Scholarship
- Glen Makahonuk Scholarship
- Equity-Seeking Groups Scholarship
- Young Worker Group Scholarship
**Refer to the respective Summer or Winter School brochure for more information and application form, or contact the CUPE Saskatchewan office.
For more information about CUPE schools and courses in Saskatchewan, contact: Kim Draeger, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CUPE Saskatoon Office at 306-382-8262.
/nm cope 342