REGINA – Representatives of Saskatchewan health care providers will be holding a press conference to call on the Premier to urge renegotiation of Canada’s Health Accord which expires March 31, 2014 – marking the end to stable funding from the Federal Government and looming cuts of $1.1 billion to Saskatchewan’s share of federal health care funding over ten years beginning in 2017.
- Tom Graham, President, Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) – Saskatchewan
- Tracy Zambory, President, Saskatchewan Union of Nurses (SUN)
- Dr. Sally Mahood, Family Physician and Associate Professor, Family Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Press conference. Photo opportunity available.
- Monday, March 31, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
- Campania A (Convention level), Delta Hotel, Regina (1919 Saskatchewan Drive)
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) – Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Union of Nurses (SUN)