Deadline for application is no later than noon on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Saskatchewan Division of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE Saskatchewan) is currently accepting applications from members of affiliated Local Unions to serve on standing committees.
Applications for consideration of appointment must be received by no later than noon on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
CUPE members in good standing of affiliated Local Unions are eligible to apply.
The following committees have one position available:
- Committee Against Contracting Out and Privatization
- Committee Against Racism and Discrimination
- Environment Committee
- Global Justice Committee
- Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Women’s Committee
- Young Workers’ Committee
Standing committee positions appointed through this process are for a two-year term, ending March 2023.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful candidates must commit to attend periodic video conference meetings or conference calls. In-person meetings are not being held due to the pandemic. Union leave may be required to attend such meetings. Committees typically hold up to four (4) meetings in a calendar year. The meeting schedule is determined by the members of the committee, with meeting notices and video conference links confirmed through the Division Office.
Appointees will be compensated for lost wages through union leave from work when required to attend meetings, including costs and expenses related to the attendance of meetings (such as applicable per diems).
Any member interested should complete and submit an Application for Appointment (two-page form) and submit it to the Division Office before noon on April 6, 2021.
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPOINTMENT
In your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the following requirements:
- You are a member in good standing of a CUPE Local Union affiliated to CUPE Saskatchewan.
- In addition to requested applicant information, you have provided a written description of your union activism and expressed why you are interested in the work and subject matter of the committee to which you are seeking appointment.
- You have provided a reference to indicate the support of your Local Union in submitting your application.
How do I Apply?
To be eligible for appointment, you must be a member in good standing of a CUPE Local Union affiliated to CUPE Saskatchewan Division.
Consideration will be given to those applicants who were delegates at the most recent convention held on March 11.
Submit your application one of the following ways:
- EMAIL to Jodi at the Division Office (address listed on the form)
- FAX at 306-757-0102
- MAIL: Division Office, 3725 E Eastgate Drive, Regina SK S4Z 1A5
VIEW AND DOWNLOAD:
- Standing Committee Application for Appointment Form (Electronic Form Fields Available)
- CUPE Saskatchewan Structure – In Focus: Standing Committees, 2021
Results of the selection process will be sent to all candidates at the email address provided on their application by May 3, 2021. Appointments will be ratified at the April meeting of the Executive Board.
If you have any questions or require clarification, contact the Division Office at 306-757-1009.
/n.m. Cope 342