June is Pride month. As Saskatchewan’s community union, CUPE proudly celebrates diversity and the role unions play in making our country a more fair and inclusive place for everyone. In the workplace and in our communities, unions are at the forefront in protecting LGBTQ2s+ workers from discrimination and harassment, advancing human rights, promoting inclusion, and securing dignity and equality for all workers through collective bargaining and political action.
Join CUPE at a PRIDE parade near you!
MOOSE JAW on Saturday, June 1, 2019
- CUPE float decorating beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Parade departs at 2 p.m. from the corner of Main Street & the Manitoba Expressway (in front of the CP Rail Yards).
REGINA on Saturday, June 15, 2019
- CUPE float decorating beginning at 11 a.m. This year, the Pride Parade will start in Regina’s Warehouse District behind Centennial Market (Hamilton Street between 6th and 7th Avenue). NOTE STAGING IS NOT ON 13th AVENUE AND BROAD LIKE IN PAST YEARS. Staging will happen within the parking lots on the north and south side of 6th Avenue behind the old Sears buildings.
- Click here for the Staging Area and how to line up for the Regina Pride parade.
- Click here for the Regina Pride parade map route.
- Parade departs at Noon.
- Join us for a free BBQ after the parade from 1 p.m. onward at Wascana Park, near Wascana Pool. Click here to see the map to the BBQ.
SASKATOON on Saturday, June 22, 2019
- CUPE float decorating beginning at 10:30 a.m. on Spadina Cres under the University Bridge – You will need to enter from the Mendel Parking Road Only (Queen Street Entrance).
- Parade departs at Noon. Click here for the Saskatoon Pride parade route map.
Resources for CUPE Local Unions: