CUPE is inviting applications for temporary relief secretary clerical support positions in CUPE National Offices in Saskatchewan located in Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert.
Interested candidates can send their resumes, with cover letter, to:
Attention: Mary Ellen Gennutt, Administrative Assistant
Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
3731 E Eastgate Drive
Regina, SK S4Z 1A5
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must have a very good knowledge of general office work and be able to perform with accuracy, and minimum supervision, the following duties, among others:
• Set up, compose, type, and proofread, correspondence, reports, collective agreements, proposals, presentations, news releases, forms, and other documents.
• Maintain accurate filing systems (electronic and hard copy) including archiving; maintain mailing contact lists.
• Create and/or update, perform searches, retrieve information and generate reports from various databases.
• Assist, where required in the operations of the office: in maintaining appropriate inventory of office supplies, processing and verifying orders; receive, verify and process invoices for payment.
• Receive, process and distribute incoming mail and e-mail.
• Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements, conferences, workshops, meetings and appointments.
• speak and write at an above average level in English;
• communicate effectively in a respectful and cooperative manner with the public, all staff, members, contractors, etc.;
• maintain confidentiality;
• meet deadlines and/or establish priorities while working in a high-pressure work setting;
• work with a high degree of accuracy;
• exemplify good organizational skills; solve problems, identify and correct discrepancies, and follow guidelines, where applicable;
• keyboard/type at 50 wpm;
• use Office 365 and learn new software.
• Two years related work experience, ideally in a union environment;
• Business or Community College graduate in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
Questions should be directed to the CUPE National Office in Regina at 306-525-5874.
/Cope 491 /Cope 342