- This event has passed.
Rally for Public Education
April 29, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
It’s time to make noise for public education! CUPE members, including dedicated CUPE education support workers, are joining with Saskatchewan’s teachers, parents and concerned citizens at an upcoming rally for the future of public education.
Let’s tell the government it’s time to stop the cuts and start investing in public education! Join us at the rally – and bring your friends and family!
- WHAT: Rally for Public Education
- WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 2023, Noon – 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Saskatchewan Legislative Building, Regina
Despite a billion-dollar surplus, the Sask. Party government’s 2023-24 budget continues to deeply underfund public school divisions and diverts public funds to private schools.
The Sask. School Boards Association has recently warned that the latest 2023-24 provincial budget funding will not be enough to maintain the current operations of Saskatchewan’s school boards, leaving school divisions with significant funding shortfalls and tough choices of cuts in the coming weeks.
We cannot stand by and watch as our education system crumbles due to the lack of funding and support!
Let’s all join the Rally for Public Education to #MakeNoise4Ed and demand that our government invests in our schools, teaching and education support staff, and our children’s future!
- CUPE condemns underfunding of public education – budget breakdown shows most school divisions will face funding shortfalls
- Growth that works for everyone? Surplus budget fails to make needed investments in public services, workers
/n.m. cope 342